Saturday, December 28, 2013

Weight Loss Devotion ((My experience with GodFit))


This was me in June. Happy, loved, but screaming  for help on the inside. I'm  the blonde with two chins in case you had doubts.  Lost and defeated I allowed myself to gain 70+ pounds between  my two pregnancies.  I never lost the weight and had honestly GIVEN UP on enjoying the reflection I saw every day. I made excuses. I lied to myself. I divulged in self-hate and eating to solve my everyday stresses and worries. I got a large Dr. Pepper everyday as a "treat" and ate fast food at least 4 times a week. I did NOT exercise. I was dying on the inside while trying to create the "everything is wonderful" image among my family and friends.

 This past May I had a melt down on my back porch while thinking about who I had allowed myself to be. Was I really just agreeing to be unhappy for the rest of my life? Was I really just giving up?

Searching for a way to motivate myself I learned about GodFit. What really got me interested was the hashtag #fitforChristfitforlife. Catchy, right? I decided to give it a try.

Can I get specific with you? The first thing that drew me to this program was the idea that it wasn't a weight loss "program". I had already  failed lots of those.  Two weeks in  and motherhood, crazy schedules, and craving comfort I'd give those programs the slow fade and brush it off that it just wasn't for me. What gave me hope that perhaps this could stick were the words staring at me on the front cover:

"Six weeks to pursue God through spiritual disciplines, healthy choices, and physical fitness."

Pursue God? Pursue God. Pursue God!  Had I ever really pursued God in my past failed endeavors? The answer plain and simple was no. I decided that perhaps there was something to this idea that showing devotion in God's faithfulness would in fact help me get over my hurdles of being obese, low self-esteem, self-hate, and feeling defeated. I had given my life to Christ--why couldn't I give him my biggest struggle? Because it was embarrassing?

I knew I was prone to fail. However this time would be different. I was going to view this journey to reclaim my health as an act of worship to the Lord. I would seek strength through Him and I would  DEVOTE my  habits and health to God in a way that would please Him. GodFit set me in the right direction from the start.

As a mom of two toddlers my life can be pretty hectic. Squeezing in time for myself is a struggle and one of my biggest excuses was that I simply did not have time to get to the gym. The workouts in GodFit helped me debunk that myth that fitness happens in the gym.  For me, fitness now happens in my living room with two children mimicking my every move and often hanging from my appendages. The workouts in this program are INTENTESE and easy to fit into my schedule. I love that.

The Metabolic Acceleration workout is my favorite. My four year old loves the names of the moves and yells out to me "More Sumo Squats Mommy!!".  By the end of this 20 minute circuit I'm sweating, laughing, and feeling great.  Let me share this awesome secret -- my one year old naps like a champ after helping mommy get fit (can you hear the angels rejoicing?)

This journey has been hard work. Besides wading through four year old emotions, its the hardest thing I've ever done. There were days when I wanted to quit. There were weeks I didn't see any loss. There were curse words muttered. There were tears of pain. But. BUT I was devoted this time. I stuck with it and those prayers that I prayed before every workout, run, and session were answered. The Lord gave me strength like He said He would. He was faithful. God is such an awesome and powerful God who cares for His children.


As of the beginning of December I've lost 45  pounds. I'm so stinking proud of those pounds that I lost, but I have to tell you I'm more proud of what I've gained.  I'm stronger. I'm devoted. I'm proud. My happiness oozes from the inside out. I'm so thankful for the tools that GodFit set me up with.  My God and I did this together and so can you. I pinky promise.

31 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your candor about your journey! I share so many of your struggles, and your story is really encouraging. Maybe......just maybe...I can shed my own 70 extra pounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! It's nice to know that I'm not alone. There were/are many blogs and instagram feeds that I follow for inspiration. It's comforting looking to people that I can relate to to keep me on track. You can do it Sarah. :) Happy 2014!

      Delete
  2. As soon as I read this I knew I had to go get information on it. So I sent them an email and I cannot wait to hear back from them! I want to lose weight so badly and I think this will be perfect. I am using a ton of your methods from all your posts and can't wait to get them put to use. Thank you so much for your inspiring stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh libby! i'm right here cheering you on. if you want to do it---nothing can stop you once you get going. i think you are beautiful the way you are but I know what it feels like to WANT to make changes. :) Right here with you friend!

      Delete
  3. Amazing! Thank you for sharing! I follow you on Instagram and love seeing your progress. I've struggled with weight for SO long and I feel like I know failure better than anyone else. I'm currently on my own journey of losing weight (again) and my goal for 2014 is to STICK WITH IT. Thanks for the inspiration! Keep up the awesome work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so good! Congrats on all your hard work this year!! One question is the link working? It sent me to a advertisement type page? No sure I was on the correct site??

    Thanks
    ~Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing and are such an inspiration. I have struggled with weight loss and gain since my son was born last June... I think GodFit sounds like a great "program", and I'm going to look into it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura Beth, I just found your blog from Katie Ballie (Loves of Life) tonight and am SO encouraged and inspired by your weight loss these last six months. I think our stories (and hearts) sound similar, and I'm at the VERY beginning of changing my lifestyle in order to lose weight and be more of the wife/mother/friend/ etc. that God has called me to be. I LOVE the idea of God Fit. Can you share some more with me? Specifically, where can I get this devotional and more information?

    I am a new blog follower and will be checking back for more updates/advice/encouragement. Thank you for sharing your struggles and successes!!
    E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I thought I recognized your name, and I just realized that it's because we worked together (you gave me a beautiful necklace to review on my blog) when I was pregnant with Sam three years ago. The blog world is so small! :) Fun!

      Delete
  7. Your story is great! I can't get the link to work. Can you post a link to Godfit? THANKS so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower... i love your blog! :) You are looking wonderful! I have been really discouraged in this area. I was doing so well. I did whole30 (cut out bad food, ate the good stuff!) & lost 16 pounds. That was right before the holidays & then i just went crazy eating JUNK!! I have gained so much back. I am also going through infertility which is not an excuse just to say that i feel so defeated & sad most of the time. Blah! Anyway... thanks for sharing your story. I know i am going to do this... just got to get back to healthy eating & exercise!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The link doesn't work. Is there anyway you can repost it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, I haven't really been in the blog world in a LONG time, but I just found you again and you look AMAZING! Look at how young you look! Hope everything is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can control your weight loss by use isagenix Australia product . it is really good for weight loss .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post!
    expert rated reviews

    ReplyDelete
  13. You may find different weight reduction pills online on in the neighborhood pharmacy. phenqguide.com has more information on the Supplement Reviews - Highest Quality Supplements on The Market.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Someone Sometimes with visits your blog regularly and recommended it in my experience to read as well. The way of writing is excellent and also the content is top-notch. Thanks for that insight you provide the readers!
    D Bal Max Review

    ReplyDelete
  15. I very much like the way you have provided some extremely useful information about weight loss devotion and how it helps in burning belly fat. Thanks for sharing some extremely useful and effective information. By the way let me share my personal experience. There was a time when I gained almost 39 pounds of extra body weight and was desperately trying to reduce that. I took up different type of fat burning exercise but all that went in vein. Then I came across this pill: Lean Belly Breakthrough . I took this pill and lost almost 39 pounds within a few weeks. That’s really amazing isn’t it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. NIce to meet you admin.
    this is really a nice post inded.
    By the way, Today i just want to recommended a super food, which i tried and got benefits.

    The Name is LIVING GREEN SUPREME FOOD BY DR. Colbert USA

    I think you should try this great food for more energy, and better living and weight loss as well.

    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work.
    suco detox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.

    FRUIT AND VEGETABLE FOR WEIGHT LOSS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Environmentally friendly There's an increasing concern for environmental protection all around the world these days. Get more information about best coffee bean storage on this link.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us. wie kann ich am besten abnehmen

    ReplyDelete
  21. useful information on topics that plenty are interested on for this wonderful post.Admiring the time and effort you put into your b!.. free diet trials

    ReplyDelete
  22. There are so many different types of espresso makers on the market today and we would recommend you first of all to try out a couple of different types before you settle on a particular brand. Get more interesting details about espresso machine check this site.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The first thing to look out for in an espresso machine is that it should be easy to clean. Because the espresso machine uses hot water to make the coffee, it's crucial that it's able to remove grease, oils, and particles that have built up over time. You are curious to know more about espresso machine, browse this site.

    ReplyDelete
  24. If you like to make a lot of coffee at home then you may want to go with a coffee machine powered by electricity. The downside is that they also don't give you the full flavour of a good espresso drink. Find more interesting information about BPA free coffee makers here.

    ReplyDelete
  25. However, this single serving unit is really only suited for two people, so if you are going to be making coffee for an entire family, you might want to consider another single serve coffee machine. Find more interesting information about what happens if you put milk in a keurig.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You aren't going to want to risk spending your hard-earned money on a device that doesn't perform to the standards you expect or give you any noticeable results. So, ensure the machine you purchase is one you can afford and is likely to deliver excellent results. Click here to get more info about super automatic espresso machine.

    ReplyDelete