Sunday, October 18, 2009

cuddle mornings

well, i can finally say that things have settled. whew, what a whirlwind the past few weeks were. scott and i have worked out a nice routine for making sure baby girl gets fed at night. scott takes the first two...the 10ish and 1ish, and i take the last two 4ish and 7ish. that way, we each are able to get approx. 6-7ish hours of sleep. it enables us both to function at about 70-80ish% on a daily basis. i know, i know, that's a lot of ISH's but lilly is constantly throwing curve balls at us and right now, i feel like our life is one bit fat ISH. :) Anyway, on to my point....at 7:00 when she grunts and squeaks me awake, i get up, make a pot of coffee, grab an apple, her bottle, and the remote-- and lilly and i settle in for a morning of caffiene, cuddling, and DVR'd tv. Usually it's the shows from the night before since i usually hit the hay by 9-10ISH. So somedays it's xoxo Gossip Girl, other's it 90210, or maybe Grey's, and an occaisonal Housewives of atlanta will squeak it there-- all my shows that I am embarrisingly addicted to.

I.absolutely.love.the.cuddle.mornings.with.lilly
it is by far the best part of my day. she is so squishy and she just molds into my arms. i am really going to miss these moments when i have to return to the dungeon that is my job. ahh...

i took some pictures of lilly yesterday. i used a really cool website to edit them. it is http://www.picnik.com/ . it's a free website that allows you to do some neat stuff...it's the poor gal's version of photoshop. i love taking pictures of lilly. everytime i snap some i think to myself....she will never be this small again. it's so bittersweet. i love that she can see me now, is getting chubbier, and is FINALLY fitting into her newborn clothes. however, i feel like the next time i blink she's going to be begging me for a cell phone so she can text her idk BFF Jill! ahhhhh.


here are some pics of lilly jo. she is three weeks old in them. :)









2 comments:

  1. what a sweet post. you took GREAT pictures. i will have to use that website. i will shoot you an email with the chili recipe in it. so glad you guys liked it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new mommy posts :) So glad you're savoring those precious cuddle times...I never realized how much I would miss them!

    Oh, and her middle name is Jo?? Mine too...it's a great middle name :)

    ReplyDelete