Sunday, October 13, 2013

Welcome, friends

Well looky there. Here we are at my new blog. How fun, right?! I'm proud of it. Does that make me nerdy? #yup #whohashtagsinblogs

Shoot, now I'm probably scaring you away. Please don't go. I like that you're here. For those of you that are new, I'm Laura. I've been blogging for over 5 years and this blog has grown and transitioned with me through lots of life's fun stages. When I started publishing my business on the internet I was a young 25 year old mom-to-be who was just following all the cool kids and starting my own blog. Well, come to find out---I REALLY like sharing my business on the internet with strangers and haven't stopped.

I'm now a glowing 30 year old momma and wife to two. Wait. Let me clarify--two kids NOT two husbands #aintnobodygottimefordat . I work part time in children's ministry at my AWESOME church and I loooooove and I mean LOVE working with preschoolers. They are downright ridiculous and amazing all. the. time.  I used to have a handmade business that made accessories, jewelry, and fun headbands. That's probably where I "met" most of you! Heyyy....lillypie friends!

Now??? Well, I still love writing (Although my grammar & punctuation would make most editors and teachers cringe) it's the content I love. I love sharing stories. I'm always up for a chat over caffeine. I love meeting new people and hearing their stories. If you have a blog, I'm probably following it.


I recently have been reading one of my new favorite books (are your favorite books always the ones you're currently reading like me?) called Losing Your Marbles. In this book Reggie Joiner says that stories over time give us perspective. True that. The more stories I hear about how the Lord is working in their lives, or helping someone overcome a huge hurdle the more I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that my God is real and that he loves me. Scripture is wonderful---but oftentimes it is a STORY that gets me hooked. A personal story shared with me through a conversation, email, or blog post.


So what if MY story could help others come to know My God?  Sign me up! 

Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. I hope you come by often.


And also---you should know---- ALL stories are great. No matter how simple they may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment