What is stitch fix? Click Here!
Maybe you've tried this service once or twice and weren't blown away. I understand that. I have friends who were just ehhhh about the whole process. I'd consider myself a Stitch Fix veteran now after just finishing my 6th fix. I'm getting consistent fixes that I love and I believe this is why.
1. I've curated a killer pinterest style board that is ME and only me. Here's mine! I've linked it in my style profile and I update it frequently. I pin images I am drawn to and delete ones that I'm on the fence about. If it's in my style pinboard---it's me. Last month I was really loving the bright florals I was seeing--baddabing badda boom....this showed up in my fix.
2. I'm not looking for specific items--that's called online shopping. I'm looking for an experience that helps be determine my personal style. Why is style important to me? Plain and simple I see it as a way of expressing myself. I love color and pattern--and I believe that feeling my best on the outside helps me feel better on the inside. I'm more confident when I take time to style myself in a way that boosts my self esteem. This doesn't mean name brand pasted all over. This doesn't mean that I don't feel confident in sweats. It means that I enjoy wearing things that are beautiful, interesting, or inspiring.
3. I mention my style esthetic in each 'comments for my next fix'. I pick a celebrity style crush or familiar brand store to reference in helping my stylist find something that I would love. Currently I love everything that Julianna Hough is photographed in. I mention her in the comments. I also mention that I belive my style is a healthy mix of JCrew & Anthropologie. I love classic lines and silohettes but also enjoy a bohemian edge to my tops. Whether or not you can afford to shop at your staple style stores ( I cannot!) I pick them because they are style specific. Target and Old Navy aren't style specific. Examples could be Madewell, Banana, Ann Taylor, or Free People. Try referencing them each time.
4. I pass on the accessories-- Use this service to build your wardrobe with eclectic and fun pieces. I ask them not to send accessories anymore. Each fix I want clothes......and only clothes. Looking for phenomenal accessories? All my jewelry in these photos is from Stella & Dot. This stuff can't be beat. I named the accessories I'm wearing in the photo caption.
5. I only keep my favorites. It's no secret that the items sent will be more expensive than your target/old navy/F21 pieces. That's okay for me because I know that in order to keep it---it has to be PHENOMENAL. I'm getting rid of all my clearanced tops that don't fit well, are a funky color, or wayyy to trendy. They were $10, yes----but I don't love them. Having a closet filled with 15 $10 crap shirts doesn't do me any good and I still feel like I have NOTHING to wear. Right now I have 5 tops that I LOVE and rotate each week. I'm much happier. Ahhh---clarity that comes with being in my 30s.
My January/February/March Fix
My April Fix
My May Fix
As usual I feel it is important for you to know that if you want to try Stitch Fix I'd love if you clicked through the below link. A great way for Stitch Fix to get the word out about their service is through happy customers. I'd consider myself one of them and to reward happy customers who refer others they give you $25 credit for each referral. It's really great!