Friday, August 7, 2015

Horrible Habitual Habits

Thanks so much for the outpouring of support last week. I really appreciate it. Truly. Not just saying that. Even a little bit. Muah.


That being said I wish I could say BAM LOOKY THAT I LOST WEIGHT THIS WEEK.....cause I can't say that.  I didn't lose any this week and it really falls back on me again. I'm going to take a small bite this week and make one change. Then each week add on more disciplines so that I can start weight loss slowly as to not burn out.

I'm going to tackle my ugliest habit first.


The sweets after the kids go to bed. OOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhh the sweets.

It started when the kiddos were itty bitties...I rewarded myself for keeping them alive each day with sweets. "Congrats girl, you kept them breathing--here is some double fudge ice cream. You deserrrrvvvveeeeee it girl. Snaps to you."

This continued during weight loss as bananas and a few choc chips and cool whip.


Then transferred back to dark chocoate, brownies, cookies, oreos, icecream, etc this year.


Sooooooooooooo that has to stop. This week. Sweets after dinner can include bananas, fruit with pb2,  or a pinch (Nooooooooootttt a baggggggggg) of chocolate chips.


Breaking habits are hard. Especially when they are habitual chocolate habits.  I'm breaking free of that cycle this week. Next week, it's the whole bread binge..........oh for the love of hawaiian rolls!



4 comments:

  1. Love that, little changes add up to big progress! I tell myself a lot...progress, NOT perfection :) I'm going to up my protein in hopes of warding off the munchies hunger that creeps in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to see you posting again. You don't owe anyone an apology. You're human! We all mess up in this journey of weight loss. I'm convinced that the hardest part is not losing the weight, but keeping it off. I'm cheering you on from here in Northern Indiana!! You can do it! I'll be praying for you. Praying against temptation and for strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about you and your journey and wondering how you've done this week? Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only time losing is fun than winning is when you are fighting temptation! (wise saying). I am proud of you that you are trying hard to break some not-so-healthy habits. Renunciation is the key to attain universal citizenry with love for all beings. Wish you success in your endeavours. Please do not dismay at occasional failures or set-backs.Thank you for showing me a way to a resolute battle against habits that refuse to budge!

    ReplyDelete