So goals. Never really been that great at them. Good intentions pave the way then procrastination and a "why bother" attitude normally end them. I'd really like to make goals and stick with them. I think goals are a great way to measure success. I think goals can keep you motivated. I like the feeling of accomplishing something. I like check marks. I just have a hard time with the middle CARRYING OUT THE PLAN part of goals.
So I'm in love with the idea of goals.
I'd like to try and work on this. Hold me accountable dear friends. I'm making five goals this November. Sitting down on the first brand new shiny day of this month I can tell you with complete honesty that I plan on tackling these goals. These things are gonna happen.---or how bout' this. I'll share my deepest darkest secret with you on December 1. Deal? Great. Hopefully you're not going to wish me to fail to get my juicy secret. Cause it's definitely good---and I definitely don't want my friends to know let alone the internet. But if I were in your shoes, I'd be wishing failure on you. ((winky face))
1. Family DinnerI want to make the things that matter MATTER MORE in my family. I believe that over time, love and stories will create a habit of commitment and truth within my people. One way to make things MATTER MORE is to reclaim the dinner table. We do a fairly good job of this but we could be better. I want to eat family meals from start to finish together at least 4 times a week. That shouldn't be that hard, but it is. Do your evenings end up being a mad rush from 5:00 until bedtime in your family? Oh, mine do. The mental countdown begins around 4:30 most days and even earlier on the days my children are glorious heathens. Then dinner, husband home, eat, dishes, laundry, playtime, tackles, chasing, sweating, falling, stripping, bathing, jammies, cuddles, bed. Most nights we compile tasks at the dinner table i.e. dishes while the pokey's are finishing, folding laundry while eating, and even stripping naked before they've even finished their meals. I could SLOW DOWN this time and ENJOY the time together rather than quickly checking off the todos for the night. I could LISTEN to what my family has to say instead of hurrying them to EAT. YOUR. DANG. FOOD. CHILD. I could actually care about the answer my husband gives when I ask him how his day was instead of verbally vomiting on him the crisises of my own day. This month I'm gonna slow my roll.
2. Keep riding the weight loss train
Woooooo wooooooo.....This November I'm going to continue losing weight. As of today I'm 8 pounds away from my goal weight! Wait! WHAT! HOLLERRRR!!! It's been hard the last few weeks as I've been having weigh ins of +.4 , -1.0, and -.6. They aren't the big losses that I love, but slowly and surely changes are happening. My goal for November is to lose 6 pounds. I'm also a few weeks away from running in my first. ever. race. ((that I'll hopefully finish)).
3. Make a new friendI love relationships. I love meeting new people and I get JAZZED when I'm in a room full of people. Are you like me? I like meeting people for the first time (even though I worry constantly about the first impression I give) and I really like chatting over a good cup of caffeine. There is something exciting to me about getting to know someone and realizing that we have fun connections or maybe that we are totally opposites. Regardless, it's fun for me. I'd love to make a new friend this month, or at least meet someone new. Do I know YOU? No seriously.
4. Get a new bootieI think I'm ready to try the bootie trend. I have loved them for several seasons but never had the cahones to purchase any. I can't resist any longer and I'm looking for a cute pair of cognac ones for under 60 bucks. If you scout some pinkie promise to tell me?
5. Empty Threats-- Stop using them
On the way home from the Children's Museum (Yes, I went back....) I made three different threats to Lilly.
"C'mon Lilly, I'm leaving.....I'll miss you."
Dude, I'm not leaving her....and she knows it.
" If you keep acting like a baby maybe you should put a diaper back on."
Dude, that's dumb. I annoyed myself with this one. That's a punishment to me! There's no way on God's green Earth that I'm putting a diaper back on that butt.
" Do I need to call Daddy and tell him you need a spanking when you get home?"
Dude, I say that but I'll never do it.
When I heard myself saying these three empty threats one after another in a five minute time frame I realized that I have a problem. A very annoying problem. The threats have to stop. They are EXHAUSTING to me. I will not negotiate with terrorists any longer. I need to stop the threatening and PARENT her. I see this one giving me the most struggles this month.
So there they are five goals. I can commit to working on them---right? I can do this. I can do this. I will do this. The secret is too unbearable to share....
What are yours?
Linking this post up with The Tiny Twig today, because she's great.