Sunday, September 29, 2013

Along for the ride ((birthday post))


There are moments in my days where I throw my hands up and think WHAT was I thinking having kids? Some days it seems they are out to make life really ridiculously difficult. Put shoes on. Rip shoes off. Mop the floor. Drop a sippy cup of milk. Color a picture. Step on a Barbie. Break Barbies head off. Tears. Tears. Tears.


She turned four this week. Time seems to be speeding up. I feel like I'm standing in the center of chaos and its slowly swirling around me. She turned four this week. Dang.



We celebrated. We partied. We caked. We Build-a-Beared. Lilly shone like the sun on her day. HER DAY.
 
 

As I was hurrying my little four year old off to bed this week I remember thinking about how Lilly needed to get teeth brushed, in bed, lights out quickly because I had a to do list and some new season premieres to catch. I had it planned in my head. No messing around tonight---bed. boom. freedom.

"Mommy, could you rock me tonight?"


Yes. The answer should be and will ALWAYS be yes. So I rocked her. I played with her hair and she held my hand. We rocked cheek to cheek in one of those perfect mom moments where you just want to CLICK and capture it forever. Oh, clutch my heart she was sweet as pie. She leaned up and whispered in my ear that she'd love me forever, ever, ever........


These moments---these stories....I don't want to forget them. I want to remember the things that light up their world in this stage. I want to remember what drove me bonkerbananas.


Her story and his story is amazing and awesome---because God is the author. and I'm literally along for the ride. however long, difficult, and ridiculous it might be.


No comments:

Post a Comment