Thursday, July 8, 2010

tuckered!

This morning was a blast. A  big fat capital, bold, italics, B-L-A-S-T ya'll. It all started as I was awakened at 9:30. For REAL!!?! She slept in. ::Double fist pumps are in order. ::

I was invited to visit a friend at her pool at 10:30. Problemo, it was in the middle of nap time. Arg. I was craving the chlorine! It's been so hot! WOE! I wanted it. needed it. and thought, well SHE was the one who screwed up her schedule. Not mah fault. Let's doooooooooooo ittttt!!!

I drove to the pool and felt the whole motherly guilt when you know you are doing what's best for YOU and not your baby. Dern feeling.  I kept shaking that little guilty motherly conscience off my shoulder by peeking at my jibber jabbering girl  in her carseat and taking glorious sips of my Mc D's diet coke ::yea, it was THAT great of a day::.

We had a blast. She splashed. Threw stuff. Squealed. Tried to face plant on the floor. and had a gay old time while trying to eat my sunglasses and expose me to all the other pool dwellers. Momma? Soaked. Up. The. Sun. while baby wrangling. ::p.s. that should totally count as a cardiovascular activity::.

Morning nap time?  It went and passed with no signs of cranky tired baby rearing it's ugly  head. ::More fist pumps::!!


I put her down at 12:30. It's now 4:00. I tuckered that chick out.

Look who decided to wake up.
Yes, she likes blankets.

6 comments:

  1. Laura it looks like you are the sleep whisperer now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pool for the simple fact that my babes always sleep better...the sun and water wear them slap out! Glad you had such a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am currently addicted to Mc D's coke. in the styrofoam sweet tea cup. stays colder longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love! We're going to the Children's Museum next week, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I left you an award on my blog today! :)

    ReplyDelete